By Nick Downer on April 5, 2019
LOVELAND Technologies is looking to hire an executive assistant!
Loveland is a software and data company that specializes in mapping the world's property information at the parcel level. We have found this to be a unique niche in the mapping and data space that is valuable to a broad range of customers, and we have painstakingly assembled our own 144 million parcel dataset covering 95% of US residents. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who enjoys administrative work and is comfortable both in an office setting and working remotely. Applicants should either live in the Detroit area or be able and willing to visit Loveland's Detroit HQ on a regular basis.
* Intake, process and distribute high volume of internal and external correspondence
* Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendars
* Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for meetings and conference calls
* Review, comprehend and provide written summaries of key documents and projects.
* Interact and maintain a positive working relationship among all levels of internal team members and outside clients
* Organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
* Take and distribute meeting minutes capturing discussions and to-dos
* Create, revise and edit written material as needed, including presentations
* Conduct research on various items using the Internet and other resources
* Perform other duties and special projects, as directed
* Excellent listening, organizational and communication skills
* Proficient in using and navigating PC Platforms, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and is comfortable learning and using new technology
* Enjoys administrative work and comfortable supporting multiple team members
* Strong attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
* Able to successfully perform in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Strong ability to multi-task, juggle multiple responsibilities and coordinate multiple projects while focusing on supporting the needs of the team
* Self-motivator who can work with minimal instructions/supervision at times. Takes initiative to keep projects and tasks moving
* Ability to efficiently plan, organize and implement work priorities
* Anticipate and respond to the needs of the LOVELAND Technologies executive team
* Proven ability to perform a variety of critical and often confidential tasks
To apply or for more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be evaluating all received resumes by April 22nd.
By Jerry Paffendorf on January 29, 2019
Press Release: Loveland Technologies releases landgrid.com for nationwide land parcel data
The way our America is subdivided, owned, taxed, and used is of critical importance to the health and development of our communities, yet this underlying land grid has largely remained inaccessible.
Enter landgrid.com. Loveland Technologies — a property mapping and data company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan — has spent years gathering and organizing a nationwide dataset of 140 million land parcel shapes and records that cover 95% of US residents. Now this information is available for public use alongside affordable tools to work with and add to it.
The site provides immediate value to anyone seeking property boundaries and public record information, whether that’s being curious about who owns the lot down the street, thinking about buying a house and wanting to see lot lines, or using the data for projects and professional purposes.
The nationwide dataset is also available for mapmakers and organizations to license for use in their own apps and databases. In this way landgrid.com seeks to help power a whole range of new geographic and property services, and to help other companies better serve their customers by adding parcel data to their interfaces and analysis.
Anyone can surf the information on landgrid.com for free, and paying members can access powerful tools for making and sharing maps for only $10/month or $100/year. Team and Enterprise accounts are also available for group projects, organizations, and governments.
Loveland previously operated two separate websites, makeloveland.com and sitecontrol.us — one for looking up property information, and one for making maps and doing property surveys. Landgrid.com brings these services together in one place with an integrated design and easy interface. Loveland’s other sites will continue to operate for existing customers, who can choose to use them or migrate to the Land Grid where their account data is already waiting.
Significant projects that have already happened using Loveland’s software include large-scale property condition and occupancy surveys covering cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Flint, Milwaukee, and Hartford; statewide political canvassing, door-to-door resident outreach, and many community planning and development projects. The nationwide dataset has been licensed to companies working in energy, agriculture, machine learning, conservation, real estate, and other industries. Case-studies can be found on the landgrid.com homepage.
Please contact Nick Downer at email@example.com with press inquiries and interview requests, and visit landgrid.com to explore the site.
By Jerry Paffendorf on November 20, 2018
Job Posting: General Manager for LOVELAND Technologies / The Land Grid
Location: Detroit, MI or remote with regular trips to Detroit
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with General Manager in the subject line
About LOVELAND Technologies / The Land Grid:
Loveland is a software and data company that specializes in mapping the world's property information at the parcel level. We have found this to be a unique niche in the mapping and data space that is valuable to a broad range of customers, and we have painstakingly assembled our own 137 million parcel dataset covering 95% of US residents.
Over the last several years we have created a successful suite of products, a growing customer base and project portfolio, and a stable organization with twelve people currently on staff. We believe we have an opportunity to double or triple our revenue in 2019 with support from a General Manager.
Visitors and customers currently surf our parcels for free at makeloveland.com and use our paid subscription tools at sitecontrol.us to map and survey properties. We also license our nationwide dataset to researchers and app developers at makeloveland.com/parcels, and directly help communities execute large-scale property surveys and door-to-door outreach efforts.
You can see a brief 4-minute video of our CEO talking about some of our work, projects, and vision at the NY Times Cities for Tomorrow conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9XA-YFXovU.
Loveland is currently rebranding and combining its websites, software as a service, and dataset into one unified offering called The Land Grid (soon to be at landgrid.com), which will be the core business within the LOVELAND Technologies portfolio, with additional services building on The Land Grid to follow.
We have seen how the underlying land grid of property shapes, ownership, zoning, land use, architecture, nature, taxes, infrastructure, and other characteristics is an essential element of our world, our communities, and our economy that has not been adequately understood and used to make better decisions. The opportunity space is large.
Our goal is to be the essential, affordable, user-friendly platform for gathering, showing, surfing, assessing, and working with parcel level data about properties, land use, and habitation, and to help others put the data to work in their own projects and businesses.
Our headquarters are in Detroit with employees in Ann Arbor, the Bay Area, New York City, and Cleveland.
General Manager at LOVELAND Technologies / The Land Grid:
As General Manager you will oversee, manage, and grow The Land Grid business. You will be responsible for managing the team of twelve, delegating tasks, and making sure we meet the goals of our product roadmap. You will also be responsible for tracking and increasing subscription sales by better meeting the needs of our customers. This is a leadership role and you will work closely with our CEO, COO, and CTO to grow the business, and we will share an Executive Assistant.
You should have experience with and be passionate about software startups, leading teams, getting things done, and scaling companies. You should also have an appreciation for mapping and mapping interfaces, subscription services, data in general, and how better land use and location data can support better decision-making. You should be comfortable closing sales and making product decisions that increase sales.
1. Becoming a confident and empowered team leader with support from the CEO, COO, and CTO
2. Being a point of contact for everyone on the team to make sure basic operations are being handled by teammates (customers are being properly invoiced and closed, checks are being cashed, bills are being paid, inquiries are being replied to, etc.)
3. Making sure we are staying on schedule with our product roadmap and that our design decisions are meeting customer needs
4. Strategizing with the data team to add the most valuable new data to the product to meet customer needs
5. Helping track and meet subscription sales goals, and modifying the product and roadmap as necessary
6. Identifying staffing needs to support customer and team happiness, and to meet product and revenue goals
7. Communicating with leadership who will be setting up strategic partnerships and large customer projects for the platform
8. Participating in conversations and decisions around overall improvements to the company, from staffing to marketing to new opportunities
We are offering strong compensation, profit sharing, six weeks of vacation, and health insurance contributions.
Ideally you are in the Detroit area, but we are comfortable with you being remote as long as you can regularly travel for executive and team meetings.
Thank you and see you on The Land Grid!
If you think this opportunity is for you, please send your résumé to email@example.com with General Manager in the subject line.
By Jerry Paffendorf on November 20, 2018
No, the blog was definitely sleeping, but we weren't. We typically use Facebook and Twitter to share updates. Please follow us there at facebook.com/makeloveland and twitter.com/makeloveland. Thank you!